A major block may be caused by large items failing into the drains,
or tree roots breaking into the drain system.
For any of the major types of clogs in the main
system a heavy duty sewer snake should be used.
The two types of large snakes are a hand operated
or electrical powered snake. These items can be rented or purchased.
This often is a job for a plumber. You do not want to damage the line running out of the house.
No matter what kind of faucet you are dealing with, there are some basics when it comes to repairing any of them.
- First turn off the water to the faucet. There maybe individual water shut-off valves under
the sink or you may need to shut off the main water supply for the house.
- Open taps and let any water in the pipe drain out.
- Put the drain stopper or a towel in the sink (in case you drop anything you don't want it going down the drain).
- To make sure you get the right replacement parts, take any parts you remove from the faucet with you to the
plumbing supply store. That way you'll be sure to get an exact match.
Cleaning the Garbage Disposal
Even though the garbage disposal is designed to pulverize and remove kitchen waste from food products,
food particles often become trapped in the nooks and crannies of the garbage disposal and kitchen
drainpipe. This provides the perfect environment for mold and bacteria to grow and create unpleasant
odors, as well as unhealthy spores.
Cleaning the garbage disposal at least once a week with one of the following methods will help to keep it free of nasty bacteria and unsightly mold.
Using a clean container, mix a gallon of water with one tablespoon of liquid chlorine bleach. Pour the solution down the drain and allow it to sit
for several minutes. Flush the drain thoroughly with cold water for several minutes.
Plumbing Toronto | Drain | Water supply line services
We offer competitive rates - call us for a free estimate!
Kitchen. Plumbing and Drain Services
Plumbing installations and repair:
Sink garbage disposal repairs
Cracked pipes repair
Trap repair, installation
Bathroom. Plumbing and Drain Services
New installations and repair:
Blocked toilets, sink
Baths plumbing installation
Showers drain installation
Taps repairs, installation
Pipe leaks repair
Sump pump. Back-water Valve Installation
New installations and repair:
Sump pump for clear water
Emergency sump pump
Sump pump Maintenance
Back flow preventer installation
Back-water Valve installation
Sump pump relocation
Drain Cleaning. Emergency services 24/7
Blocked toilet, sink, bath tub:
Unclogg kitchen sink
Unblock sewer line
Sewer pipe cleaning
Unclogg bath tub
Tree roots cut
CCTV Camera Inspection. Pipe inspection
Pipe locate, inspection:
Broken pipe locate
Blocked pipe locate
Shifted pipe locate
Bursted pipe locate
Water Service. Water supply line installation
New copper pipe
Bigger diameter of the pipe
Trenchless installation by torpedo
Water Softner and Filter
Whole House water filter
Hydro Jetting. High pressure cleaning
Pipes with sediments:
Old pipes cleaning
Camera Inspection is free
with hydro jetting
Emergency Plumbing services and by appointment
Toronto, GTA - Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga; Richmond Hill, Brampton
AnTa Plumbing and Drain Company offers complete residential and commercial plumbing services.
Our Licensed Plumbers provide plumbing maintenance services, drain cleaning, water supply line installation by trenchless technology (torpedo),
repair broken pipes, leaks in a sewer or water systems.
We do comprehensive plumbing maintenance services to keep your plumbing systems in proper working order.
AnTa Plumbing and Drain Company provides Emergency service for blocked toilet, kitchen sink and any part of drain, plumbing system
Complete plumbing and drain services, repair sinks, faucets, drain line camera inspections
and pipe locating, and also the installation and repair of electric sump pumps,
full list of plumbing, drain services
How to fix leaky faucet
1) Turn off the water supply. Look for a shutoff valve under the sink. If there is not one for the fixture, turn off the water at the main shutoff valve.
2) Protect the sink basin against chipping from tools by lining it w/ a towel.
3) Remember to line up the parts in order as you take the faucet apart. This will help you reassemble it correctly.
4) Remove the handle screws (which may be under a decorative button) using a Phillips head or standard blade screwdriver.
5) Remove the packing nut w/ a crescent wrench or pliers.
6) Slip the handle back on the stem & turn the handle to loosen the stem.
7) Remove the screw at the bottom of the stem. Remove the old washer & replace w/ a new one of the same size & shape. While the faucet stem is out, you may wish to check the packing, o-ring or packing washer for replacement. Leaks around faucets handles or at the base of the faucet may occur when these parts are worn.
8) Remove the old packing & wind new packing string clockwise around the stem to form the seal. If the older faucet uses self-forming packing, a ready-made packing washer that fits may be used as a replacement. Push the packing washer onto the stem as far as it will go & screw the nut over it, clockwise.
9) If the faucet is a newer model, replace the packing washer or o- ring.
10) Clean off all dirt & steel wool residue.
11) Reassemble the faucet.